- Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCBs) are generally used for low current application
- This a simple circuit breaker that is used to break the circuit in case of over current
- MCBs are most commonly used in protecting equipment like lamps, heaters, air-conditioners, motors and so on
- MCBs work on the principle of thermo-couple action
- When a current higher than the rated current flows through it, the thermocouple is heated up and trips the MCB
- MCBs are specified as for example : 415 V, TPN (Three Pole Neutral), 32A, 10KA(breaking capacity) and C curve
- There are number of types of MCBs viz :
- 1phase,Single pole
- 1phase 2 pole
- 3 phase 3 pole
- 3 phase 4 pole
Miniature Circuit Breaker – Inner view
1.Actuator lever - used to manually trip and reset the circuit breaker.
2.Actuator mechanism - forces the contacts together or apart.
3.Contacts - Allow current when touching and break the current when moved apart.
6.Calibration screw - allows the manufacturer to precisely adjust the trip current of the device after assembly.
8.Arc divider / extinguisher
Post a Comment