5 Important words on electricity and definitions!
- Electric charge – a property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interactions. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields.
- Electric current – a movement or flow of electrically charged particles, typically measured in amperes.
- Electric field – an influence produced by an electric charge on other charges in its vicinity.
- Electric potential – the capacity of an electric field to do work on an electric charge, typically measured involts.
- Electromagnetism – a fundamental interaction between the magnetic field and the presence and motion of an electric charge.